CatholicJukebox.com
Visit Greenpeace.org to help prevent environmental destruction.

February 23, 2006

About time

Gloria Arroyo now says that because of her Catholic upbringing, she is now saying that she is totally opposed to the death penalty and will certify as urgent any resolution that passes the Committee. The House Committee has passed the abolition bill so we will know soon enough if she willl put her pen where her mouth is and certifies the bill as urgent.

Allow me to look a gift horse in the mouth and say, "well, what took you so long?" Forgive me for not getting too excited. I won't believe it until I see the death penalty officially out of the statute books--hopefully forever.

Having re-discovered her Catholic upbringing, maybe Gloria Arroyo can bring herself to that part where she confesses her sins and does penance for them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I concur in toto. :)