CatholicJukebox.com
Visit Greenpeace.org to help prevent environmental destruction.

November 06, 2006

Thinking of Sisyphus

Right now, I feel like Sisyphus, the King who had to keep rolling a boulder up a hill only to have it keep rolling back down on him.

The past three weeks I've been walking on eggshells--broken glass, might be more exact--around a person I've known for some time for reasons I don't really know--or at least that have not been made known to me. I don't really know what I said, did, did not say, did not do to bring about this treatment and it is difficult, to say the least. I have no equilibrium and every day I feel like I'm on free fall.

It would be so easy to just be angry; it would be so easy to just say, "forget it. nothing's worth this."

But, it is worth it. I have very few friends but I have very good friends. And the few friends I do have, I tend to keep for a long time.

So I won't be angry and I won't say, "forget it. nothing's worth this." Because this friendship is worth this and I do intend to keep it.

Now, if I could only figure out how to keep the boulder from rolling back down on me--over and over again.

No comments: