CatholicJukebox.com
Visit Greenpeace.org to help prevent environmental destruction.

March 25, 2008

Conspiracy theories and others

If I were Gloria, and I wanted to hold on to power absolutely until 2010 and shield me from the suits that will come my way in 2010, . . .

1. I would appoint Mercy Gutierrez, the gatekeeper, to the Supreme Court anytime before 2010 and appoint another equally loyal and inept classmate/friend/crony to be Ombudsman in her place; that way, I would have another vote in the Supreme Court and an Ombudsman with a 7-year term that would last beyond 2010.

2. I would do everything to cure/heal Cory Aquino of her cancer because I do not need another loooooong funeral march, in the event that Cory Aquino passes away, and I do not need another martyr that would create another genuine EDSA.

3. I would find a way to convince Chief Justice Reynato Puno to step down before May 2010--through gentle reminders, if possible, but through forceful assertion, if gentle reminders do not succeeed--and then bypass Tony Carpio, who would be the most senior Associate Justice by 2010. That way, the entire Court would be Gloria's.

4. I would make sure that the Opposition would be hopelessly divided by allowing Erap to run for President, before going to the Supreme Court to question his entitlement on the ground that the pardon extended to him is conditional and that the condition is that he does not run for election ever again. Before that, I would make sure that none of those seeking election as President would ever be united--by enticing JDV to run as President perhaps.

5. I would keep Dinky Soliman and her singing of "If we hold on together" as far away from my cabinet as possible.

6. I would make sure that I have another Arroyo in Congress, but this time in the Senate; Luli, are you there?

1 comment:

wernicke said...

Alas, of all the power and influence that GMA has amassed, there is one thing that she won't be able to do something about... unless perhaps she finally heeds Tita Cory's call for her to make a supreme sacrifice... now that would be a miracle by itself.

Strange coincidence - those who opposed GMA fall ill and, unfortunately, passed away (i.e. Raul Roco and FPJ) while those who are on her side survive serious threats to their lives (i.e. FG and Raul Gonzalez).

Of course, I pray for President Aquino's recovery but as she said, there could be a higher purpose why this has happened to her.

I just noticed that Noynoy Aquino's approval rating is way up in the top five among the Senators even if he's not one of those who are making so much noise. On the other hand, Kris Aquino seems to have graduated from scandals, making her more credible. If the timing is right, Noynoy with the endorsement of the very effective endorser Kris could be a formidable presidentiable. Of course, not if party mate Mar Roxas can help it. But pushing the speculative thought further, if Noynoy becomes president, and he remains a bachelor, considering his bashful sisters, Kris could be the de facto First Lady. Ay!